- Find the hair. The best time to make these hair extensions is around Halloween, when a lot of fake hair and wigs are available. Find a wig or some fake hair that is the same length or a little longer than your own and move on to step 2.
- Cut the hair. After deciding how many different hair extensions you want, cut the fake hair or wig accordingly. We recommend that you cut the hair between 1/2 inch or an inch in width.
- Pin it. After you’ve cut as many segments of fake hair as you want, find some thin hair clips or bobby pins. These are what you will attach the fake hair to.
- Glue it. This is the most important step of the process. You need to glue the fake hair to the bobby pins or hair clips you’ve selected without being messy about it. We recommend using superglue or hot glue, but make sure that you use the least amount of glue possible; you don’t want any glue to peek through the hair! Also, glue the hair all along the bobby pin or hair clip instead of gluing the hair all in one place; this will keep the hair from looking too clumpy when you put it in your hair.
- Let it dry. Let your newly made hair extensions dry for a minimum of 24 hours before you use them.
- How to use them. When you use your newly made hair extensions, be sure to put them underneath your hair. Do NOT put them near your scalp! If you do, they will show through and it will not look nice. Attach them under a good deal of your hair for the best and most natural look possible.